Sea Buckthorn Berry – Nature’s Powerhouse for Health and Skin
The benefits of Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil are vast for both your health and your skin. Sea Buckthorn Berries have been used in China for more than 12 centuries. In fact, it’s rumored that Genghis Khan used the berries to help increase his strength and health in preparation for battles against his enemies. Sea Buckthorn Berries can be found in parts of Europe, Mongolia, and China. They grow well at high altitudes, where they are exposed to high levels of radiation from the sun, as well as light reflecting from the snow. Their harsh growing conditions and high exposure to sun prime them to be the superfood food and ingredient that they are.
Sea Buckthorn Berries contain over 190 biologically active compounds. They have vitamins B1, B2, K, C (15 times more than an orange), A (3 times more than a carrot), E, and Folic Acid. Sea Buckthorn Berries have over 60 antioxidants and over 20 minerals. They are full of carotenoids, xanthophylls, phenolics, and flavonoids. Perhaps, one of their biggest benefits is their high concentrations of fatty acids including, Omega-3, 6, 9 and the rare Omega-7. Omega-7 fatty acid makes up approximately 40 percent of the berry and is typically only found in fish oil.
So how do all these omegas, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals benefit the health of your skin?
- Omega-7 keeps free radicals at bay and supports the natural production of collagen, a key building block for healthy skin and hair
- Antioxidants neutralize free radicals in your body
- They slow the aging process
- Improves the look of skin and hair
- Reduces inflammation
- Treats gastrointestinal issues
- Cures infections
- Lowers cholesterol
- May help prevent certain cancers
- Improves sight
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps increase the uptake of iron and blood circulation
- Helps assist in the healing of many skin issues including burns, excimer, sun damage, and abrasions
Sea Buckthorn Berry can be taken in pill form, eaten or drank as a juice, or in the form of a tea. As always, please consult your doctor before adding Sea Buckthorn Berry to your diet.
What are the benefits to having Sea Buckthorn Berry in your skin products?
- Omega-7’s are a natural component of skin and are extremely moisturizing when applied topically
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps minimize damage that’s already occurred to your skin. In addition, it stimulates collagen production which leads to smoother, firmer, suppler looking skin. Vitamin C also helps reduce the appearance of age spots and evens out your skin tone
- Vitamin A has been clinically proven to be capable of reprogramming the cellular function of your skin. Vitamin A helps exfoliate your skin, evening out your skin tone, helps reduce the appearance of brown spots, and promotes a healthy cellular membrane
People who have used products with Sea Buckthorn Berry have reported increased skin hydration, a decrease in brown spots and hyper-pigmentation, reduced fine lines and pore size, smoother and more even skin tone, and softer and more supple skin. Consider Intraline’s Restorative Moisturizer, featuring Sea Buckthorn Berry.
We would love to hear your thoughts, please comment below.